Central Community Nursery School, opened in 1938, and is Derby’s oldest purpose built nursery school.
The school is funded by Derby City Council, and there is a governing body that is responsible for its leadership and management
As well as our nursery school provision for children aged 2 to 5, we offer additional child care and provide specialist support for children with special educational needs.
We are a signing school, using BSL and Makaton.
Core values and a commitment to working in partnership with parents and carers, guide all that we do.
Milk and a healthy snack is always available. We ask for a contribution of £1 per week towards the snack.
• We will be a Nursery School which values all children at all stages of development from a range of backgrounds and cultures
• We will support, encourage and inspire all our children to learn through exciting and challenging activities and experiences
• Everyone will aspire, excel and want to learn more
• Parents and carers will be valuable as essential partners who enjoy supporting and watching their children flourish
• Everyone will want to be part of our wonderful team and will remember their time with us
Contact us by clicking here
Take a look at the link below to find out more about the early years curriculum here at Central Nursery
The Early Years Curriculum at Central Nursery – Brochure April 16 (pdf)
To view the full EYFS curriculum, click here
Our School Mission Statement:
“Learning Together at Central Community Nursery School”